Sunday, September 24, 2017

King Lear Review

I've read King Lear for weeks and although I didn't learn anything new about the play, I was able to get a full understanding of it. I love the way Cordelia was very honest about King Lear, but also she loves his father very much. Also I like the loyalty of both Kent and Gloucester in Edgar's attempt to heal his father's soul through his scheme. The most important in this play was Lear grows in understanding and compassion even as he grows in grief and madness.

There was some characters in the play that made some bad decisions. There was Oswald receiving the devotion to Gonreil, Edmund was tardy, but instead he was attempt to save Cordelia and Lear's soul in a way that heroes supposed to deliver, and Cornwall's servant had the saving effort to involve in the blinding of Gloucester by wounding the master despite the fact that he has all of the respect all his life. I love reading plays and I hope that others can understand why this was an awesome play.

1 comment: